Get Confidence for the Real World
You’ll leave the class with the confidence that you know QuickBooks, you’re doing a good job, and you’re ready to tackle QuickBooks. After two days with us, you’ll be QuickBooks Confident and can spend more time on other parts of your job.
Relaxed classroom setting
We make it easy to learn
Students love our classes because our instructors keep it simple. Even if you’re brand new to QuickBooks you’ll feel at home in our classes. No confusing accounting jargon or terms. We make QuickBooks easy!
Your questions answered
Leave with answers
Learning QuickBooks can be challenging, and you always seem to have more questions. We encourage you to bring all your questions. After 21+ years we’ve designed the content based on what students want and need to know. But if your question isn’t covered, no problem! Your instructor will stay to help you one-on-one to get you the answer you need.
Tips & tricks to fix QuickBooks
Tips and tricks to solve problems
QuickBooks training is all we do. You get a true QuickBooks training expert to teach you…at a fraction of the cost for a consultant or CPA. And more importantly, you’ll leave with tips and tricks that save you time and money.
Foundations – Get started and set up the right way
- Identify your version of QuickBooks and discover what features are available in other versions.
- Set up your company (or discover possible errors if you’ve already set up).
- Set up online banking and connect your bank and credit cards.
- Import data from Excel and other sources.
- Best ways to move around and find what you need…fast!
- How to get help when you need it.
- Sales & money in:
- Estimates, invoices, sales receipts, payments, deposits, credit memos, and customer statements.
- Run and customize sales & customer reports to get deeper insights about customers and sales.
- Stay on top of who owes you and reminding late customers to pay.
- Expenses & money out:
- Bills, bill payments, checks, electronic payments, debit card purchases, bills vs. checks, petty cash, and vendor credits.
- Run and customize expense & vendor reports to get deeper insights about how and where you’re spending money.
- Inventory: Set up inventory parts, purchase orders, receive items, adjust inventory.
- Sales Taxes: set up, adjust, pay, and report sales taxes.
- Give and receive refunds.
- Record and apply credits you give customers or receive from vendors.
- Record credit card transactions – and train QuickBooks to do this for you.
- Discover when (and how) to Void vs. Delete a check.
- Track customer deposits/down-payments.
Tips & tricks
- Clean up lists (delete, hide and merge).
- Sort and customize lists.
- “Collapse” financial statements.
- Show P&L by month, or as a percent of income.
Save time – automate tasks
- Find transactions and other information you need…FAST.
- Speed up your work – tricks to speed up navigation and working in multiple windows/screens.
- Keyboard shortcuts.
- Set up recurring transactions (memorizing transactions).
- Create your OWN shortcuts.
- Connected accounts/Bank Feeds:
- Teach QuickBooks to categorize transactions for you.
- Learn when and how to “add”, “match” and “exclude”.
- Process downloaded transactions, tips and tricks to save you time.
- Bank reconciliation and how to find and fix reconciliation errors.
- Customize your invoice and other forms.
- Add logos and custom fields to Invoices and other forms.
- Use custom fields to track information unique to your business or customers.
- Tailor your company preferences/settings to match your business.
- Create custom reports.
- Customize who has access and what they can/can’t see:
- Set up users with different access rights & permissions.
- Track changes and who made them (audit log/trail).
Work with Reports
- Customize the content and look of your reports.
- Add, delete, resize, and reorder columns.
- Filter and format reports to get the info you need.
- Save reports and create memorized/customized report groups.
- Set up QuickBooks to automatically email reports on any schedule.
Accounting tasks & concepts you must know
- Really understand your financial statements.
- Setup your chart of accounts correctly.
- Change and fix your chart of accounts to ensure accurate reports.
- Cash vs. Accrual accounting.
- Understand and know when to use general journal entries.
- Setup and use subaccounts.
- “Collapse” financial statements to summarize info for banks and investors.
- Show your P&L by month, or as a percent of sales.
- Set a closing date to protect your accounting records and accuracy.
- Best way to add and work with your accountant.
- Reconcile bank and credit card transactions.
Set Up and Pay Employees
- Set up employees, deductions and company contributions.
- Set up company payroll preferences.
- Understand the payroll cycle and how it works in QuickBooks.
- Track and invoice for employee and/or vendor time.
- Process paychecks
- Make tax deposits
- Make non-tax payments (health insurance, child support, etc.)
- Prepare payroll forms (941, etc.)
- Payroll reports
Special Q&A sessions at the end of each day
If you feel like you need hands-on training, we offer the same class in a self-paced format. You can watch the instructor step by step, pause the training, and practice what you learn. Learn more by selecting Self-paced training at the top of this page.