Upcoming QuickBooks Desktop and QuickBooks Online classes
(includes certification prep and test voucher) in LaFayette, LA
Everything you need to get certified…and more!
All the content to become a QuickBooks Certified User, plus more to make you confident in your job.
We helped the team at Intuit develop the QuickBooks Certification program so we don’t just know what to cover, we understand the goal. Create QuickBooks Certified users who are proud and confident about what they can do! You don’t just learn “how” to complete tasks in QuickBooks, you also learn “Why”.
Get the confidence you need (and deserve)
QuickBooks is great…but not always easy!
QuickBooks can be tough…especially if you’re new to QuickBooks or accounting. But here’s some news…you can do this QuickBooks thing! Spend two days with us and you’ll get the QuickBooks confidence you deserve. You’ll leave knowing that you’re doing a good job and can handle whatever QuickBooks sends your way.
White glove experience from a caring teacher
We focus on your success
This isn’t a video, textbook, or dry lecture from a teacher reading a script. You’ll have a caring instructor 100% committed to your QuickBooks success. They’ll keep it simple…no accounting jargon or CPA talk. Plus, they’ll keep you engaged by sharing funny stories. You’ll have a good time and you’ll meet some great folks!
Your questions answered
Leave with answers
Bring all your QuickBooks questions to class. After 22+ years of teaching QuickBooks, we’ve designed the course based on what you want and need to know. But if your question isn’t covered, no problem! Your instructor will stay after class to help you one-on-one to get you the answer you need.
Tips & tricks to fix QuickBooks
Once you dive into QuickBooks…you’ll be amazed at what you see!
QuickBooks training is all we do. You get a true QuickBooks training expert to teach you…at a fraction of the cost for a consultant or CPA. And more importantly, you’ll leave with tips and tricks that save you time and money.
Invest in yourself
You’ll earn back wasted time and have accurate books
It’s hard to find time to devote to learning. But the skills you learn in class makes the investment more than worth it. You’ll feel confident that you’re doing things right and can trust your numbers. Plus, you’ll save time each and every week. As an added bonus, you’ll receive a free voucher for the Intuit QuickBooks Certified User exam! This is a great way to show the world you know QuickBooks!
Get started and set up the right way
- Learn about your version of QuickBooks and how it compares to the other versions available.
- Set up your company the RIGHT way. And, if you’ve already set up, learn how to fix any errors you made.
- Set up online banking and connect your bank and credit cards. Learn how QuickBooks can enter many transactions for you!
- Import data from Excel and other sources.
- The best ways to move around QuickBooks to find what you need…fast!
- How to get help when you need it.
The how and why of standard QuickBooks transactions
- Sales & money in:
- Estimates, invoices, sales receipts, payments, deposits, credit memos, and customer statements.
- Run and customize sales & customer reports to get deeper insights about customers and sales.
- Stay on top of who owes you money and the best ways to “remind” customers to pay.
- Expenses & money out:
- Bills, bill payments, checks, electronic payments, debit card purchases, bills vs. checks, petty cash, and vendor credits.
- Run and customize expense & vendor reports to get deeper insights about how and where you’re spending money.
- Inventory: Set up inventory parts, purchase orders, receive items, adjust inventory.
- Sales Taxes: set up, adjust, pay, and report sales taxes.
Difficult transactions…unless you know how!
- Give and receive refunds.
- Record and apply credits you give customers or receive from vendors.
- Record credit card transactions – and train QuickBooks to do this for you.
- Discover when (and how) to Void vs. Delete a check.
- Track customer deposits/down-payments.
Tips & tricks
Expert tips to get the most from QuickBooks
- Clean up your vital lists…like Customers, Vendors, and Accounts.
- Sort and customize lists to view the information you need.
- “Collapse” financial statements.
- Run reports (like your Profit & Loss Statement) by month, or as a percent of income.
Automate tasks to SAVE YOU TIME
Discover these powerful tools so QuickBooks does the work for you!
- Find transactions and other information you need…FAST.
- Speed up your work – tricks to speed up navigation and working in multiple windows/screens.
- Keyboard shortcuts that save you time!
- Set up recurring transactions. You enter it once…and QuickBooks automatically enters it in the future. Wow!
- Create your OWN shortcuts.
- Bank accounts and credit cards:
- Teach QuickBooks to categorize and enter transactions for you.
- Learn when and how to “add”, “match” and “exclude”.
- Process downloaded transactions…and tips and tricks to save you time.
- How to reconcile your bank account and fix errors. TIP…you must do this every month!
Customizing QuickBooks to YOUR needs
Make QuickBooks look and work best for you
- Customize your invoice and other forms.
- Add logos and custom fields to invoices and other forms.
- Use custom fields to track information unique to your business or customers.
- Tailor your company preferences/settings to match your business.
- Create custom reports.
- Customize who has access and what they can/can’t see:
- Set up users with different access rights & permissions.
- Track changes and who made them (audit log/trail).
Work with Reports
Amazing insights…if you know how to get them
- Customize the content and look of your reports.
- Add, delete, resize, and reorder columns.
- Filter and format reports to get the info you need.
- Save reports and create memorized/customized report groups.
- Set up QuickBooks to automatically email reports on any schedule.
Accounting tasks & concepts you must know
Take the mystery out of accounting
- Really understand your financial statements.
- Setup your chart of accounts correctly.
- Change and fix your accounts to ensure accurate reports.
- Cash vs. Accrual accounting. What’s the difference and which should you use?
- Understand and know when to use general journal entries.
- Setup and use subaccounts.
- Set a closing date to protect your accounting records. Your accountant will love you if you do this!!
- Best way to add and work with your accountant.
- Reconcile bank and credit card transactions.
Set Up and Pay Employees
Payroll has to be perfect…let’s make sure it is!
- Set up employees, deductions and company contributions.
- Set up company payroll preferences.
- Understand the payroll cycle and how it works in QuickBooks.
- Track and invoice for employee and/or vendor time.
- Process paychecks
- Make tax deposits
- Make non-tax payments (health insurance, child support, etc.)
- Prepare payroll forms (941, etc.)
- Payroll reports
Special Q&A sessions at the end of each day
For accessibility accommodations, please contact email@example.com