Please note: This class requires a solid foundation in QuickBooks. If you're not an experienced QuickBooks user, we recommend you attend the Mastering QuickBooks Level 1 class first.
What You'll Learn
- Getting Started with QuickBooks
- Creating a new data file
- Setting up customers and jobs
- Completing setup: opening balances, completing lists, special accounts, opening balance equity, and payroll setup
- 2 methods for entering transaction history
- Checking the setup: is it right?
- Job Costing
- Understanding items, the core of your job cost tracking
- Guidelines for getting job cost information from QuickBooks
- Setting up items for accurate job costing
- Tracking committed costs
- Job costing payroll wages, benefits, and taxes
- Allocating owner and partner time to a job
- Running job profitability reports
- Tracking your company's gross margin on jobs
- Using the Job Costing Center
- Running job status reports
- 2 methods for tracking Work-in-Progress
- Estimating and Invoicing
- Estimating jobs in QuickBooks
- Estimating fixed priced job
- Memorizing estimates (how and why)
- Progress invoicing against estimates
- 3 methods to enter and automate change orders
- Batch invoicing
- Invoicing construction draws
- Using billing rate levels
- Sales Transactions, Tricks, and Workarounds
- Entering statement charges
- Working with multiple accounts receivable accounts
- Finding and fixing typical errors in accounts receivable
- 2 methods for handling customer deposits
- Managing collections
- Writing off bad debts
- Customer under- and over-payments
- Transferring customer credits
- Tracking cost and sales of spec homes
- Purchase Transactions, Tricks, and Workarounds
- Vendor deposits
- Preparing 1099s at year-end
- Tracking liability certificates
- Entering employee and owner purchases
- Prepaid expenses
- Vendor refunds
- Barter transactions
- Voiding prior period checks
- Automating purchase orders for jobs
- Payroll Transactions, Tricks, and Workarounds
- Allocating benefits/taxes to jobs
- Job costing salaried employees
- Using payroll effectively for job costing
- Handling special payroll deductions and payments
- Tracking employee loans
- Setting up and tracking workers compensation insurance
- Allocating owners' cost to jobs when they don't receive a paycheck
- Mastering QuickBooks Reporting
- Advanced report customization
- Report types in QuickBooks: what you really need to know!
- Importing and exporting reports
- Using special fields to improve reports
- Troubleshooting reports filters
- Memorizing reports and creating report groups
- Adding reports to the iconbar
- Powerful techniques for modifying reports in Excel
- Generating custom summary and transaction reports
- Graphing QuickBooks data in Excel
- Budgets and forecasts
- Combining financial statements
- Extending the QuickBooks database
- Using advanced fields for reports (customer type, vendor type, job type, custom fields, and more)
- Reports for Job Cost
- Gross margin reports on open and closed jobs
- Estimate vs. actual reports
- Running unpaid/paid bills reports for jobs
- Job cost by Vendor reports
- Time tracking reports
- More job cost reports!
- Customizing QuickBooks (make QuickBooks REALLY work for you!)
- Modifying important preferences
- Customizing your home page
- Modifying the iconbar
- Creating and using custom fields
- Using account numbers
- Using classes (for departments, locations, etc.)
- Unlocking the Power of QuickBooks
- Deleting and archiving old transactions in your file
- Remote access (to access your company file through the internet)
- Automating backups
- Tricks to make QuickBooks run faster and more efficiently
- Corrupt data files: how, why, and what to do.
- Verify and rebuild company files
- Importing and Exporting
- Exchanging data between QuickBooks files
- Importing and exporting lists
- Importing and exporting customized forms
- Using reports with multiple company files
- Exchanging data between QuickBooks and other programs
- Working with integrated applications
- Using special Excel import feature
- Secrets Your Accountant Should Know
- Common mistakes and their fixes
- Closing the books
- Getting information to and from your accountant
- Finding changes made to closed periods
- Understanding and using retained earnings
- Discovering quirks of QuickBooks journal entries
- Using reversing journal entries
- Understanding year-end procedures
- Using the Audit Trail and other reports to find errors
- Cash basis financial statements (what is QuickBooks doing?)
- Special reports for your accountant
- What you REALLY need to know to become an advanced user!
- Little known power features in all areas of QuickBooks
This course is perfectly suited for:
- Intermediate QuickBooks users
- Construction or contracting businesses
- Office managers
- Users who want to learn about job costing, estimates, and progress invoicing
How does the OnDemand class work?
After you place your order, you receive log-in credentials for the course via email. Follow the link in the email, type your user name and password, and start learning!
What do I need to take the live online class?
You need high-speed Internet and computer speakers or headphones.
Do I need QuickBooks on my computer?
I didn't receive my log-in information . What should I do?
Please call our office at 800-564-2688.
Do I need special software to attend online class?
No. The course plays in your internet browser.
Do you offer a money back guarantee on your OnDemand training?
Absolutely! If you are not completely satisfied with the training, send us an email or call us within 30 days and you will receive a full refund (minus a processing fee of $15). We stand behind our classes. No hassle. No question.
Does your training cover the most current version of QuickBooks?
Yes! We always teach the most current version. Don’t worry if you have an older version. Older versions work basically the same way and you’ll learn new and improved features!
Are the training courses hands-on?
Yes. If you have QuickBooks installed on your computer, you can pause the class and switch to QuickBooks to practice hands-on.
How many people can view the training with me?
When you purchase the course, you purchase the right for one person to view the course. To add other students, please call us at 800-564-2688.
Do I receive CPE credits for the training classes?