What You'll Learn
- Customizing QuickBooks (make QuickBooks REALLY work for your client!)
- Modifying important preferences
- Creating and using custom fields
- Using account numbers
- Using classes (for departments, locations, etc.)
- Sales Transactions, Tricks, and Workarounds
- Setting up price levels
- Sales orders/backorders
- Batch invoicing
- Invoicing for billable costs
- Complex sales tax situations
- Creating and using estimates
- Progress invoicing
- Finding and fixing typical errors in accounts receivable
- 2 methods for handling customer deposits
- Managing collections
- Writing off bad debts
- Customer under- and over-payments
- Transferring customer credits
- Working with multiple accounts receivable accounts
- Entering retail sales
- Purchase Transactions, Tricks, and Workarounds
- Purchasing and accounting for fixed assets
- Entering company loans with the Loan Manager
- Lines of credit
- Typical bill payment errors
- Preparing 1099s at year-end
- Employee and owner purchases
- Prepaid expenses
- Vendor deposits
- Vendor refunds
- Barter transactions
- Voiding prior period checks
- Using the cash flow projection tool
- Items & Inventory
- Expenses vs. Items: which does your client use?
- Inventory limitations
- Inventory adjustments
- Creating group items
- Working with inventory assemblies
- Units of measure
- Advanced Tricks
- When should you start over with a new file?
- The limitations of QuickBooks
- Handling bank reconciliation errors
- Use multiple currencies
- Fixing errors in all areas of QuickBooks... there are so many we can't list them all!
- Completing Set Up
- Completing setup: opening balances, completing lists, special accounts, opening balance equity, and payroll setup
- 2 methods for entering transaction history
- Checking the setup: is it right?
- Payroll Transactions, Tricks, and Workarounds
- Correcting the setup of payroll items
- Adding difficult payroll items
- Using payroll effectively for job costing
- Voiding/Reprinting paychecks
- Special payroll deductions and payments
- Preparing and adjusting W-2s
- Employee loans
- Setting up and tracking workers compensation insurance
- Net to Gross paycheck calculations
- Mastering QuickBooks Reporting
- Advanced report customization
- Report types in QuickBooks: what you really need to know!
- Importing and exporting reports
- Using special fields to improve reports
- Troubleshooting reports filters
- Memorizing reports and creating report groups
- Adding reports to the iconbar
- Powerful techniques for modifying reports in Excel
- Custom summary and transaction reports
- Graphing QuickBooks data in Excel
- Budgets and forecasts
- Combining financial statements
- Extending the QuickBooks database
- Using advanced fields for reports (customer type, vendor type, job type, custom fields, and more)
- Unlocking the Power of QuickBooks
- Deleting and archiving old transactions in your client's file
- Remote access (to access your company file through the internet)
- Automating backups
- Tricks to make QuickBooks run faster and more efficiently
- Corrupt data files: how, why, and what to do
- Verifying and rebuilding company files
- Importing and Exporting
- Exchanging data between QuickBooks files
- Importing and exporting lists
- Importing and exporting customized forms
- Using reports with multiple company files
- Exchanging data between QuickBooks and other programs
- Working with integrated applications
- Using special Excel import feature
- Working with Clients
- Common client mistakes and their fixes
- Closing the books
- Getting information to and from your client
- Finding changes made to closed periods
- Understanding and using retained earnings
- Discovering quirks of QuickBooks journal entries
- Using reversing journal entries
- Understanding year-end procedures
- Using the Audit Trail and other reports to find errors
- Cash basis financial statements (what is QuickBooks doing?)
- Special reports you'll need as the accountant
- What you REALLY need to know to become an advanced user!
- Little known power features in all areas of QuickBooks
- More Features for Accountants
- Correcting common mistakes with undeposited funds
- Changing account types to correct client financial statements
- Using the Client Data Review feature to review a clients file
- Converting your clients from Quicken
- Using the Fixed Asset Manager: Setting up for a new client, adding assets, and calculating depreciation
This course is perfectly suited for:
- Accountants and bookkeepers who have mastered the basic of QuickBooks
- Users who want to discover tips and tricks to get more out of QuickBooks
- Bookkeepers and accountants looking to support their clients with advanced workarounds
How does the OnDemand class work?
After you place your order, you receive log-in credentials for the course via email. Follow the link in the email, type your user name and password, and start learning!
What do I need to take the live online class?
You need high-speed Internet and computer speakers or headphones.
Do I need QuickBooks on my computer?
I didn't receive my log-in information . What should I do?
Please call our office at 800-564-2688.
Do I need special software to attend online class?
No. The course plays in your internet browser.
Do you offer a money back guarantee on your OnDemand training?
Absolutely! If you are not completely satisfied with the training, send us an email or call us within 30 days and you will receive a full refund (minus a processing fee of $15). We stand behind our classes. No hassle. No question.
Does your training cover the most current version of QuickBooks?
Yes! We always teach the most current version. Don’t worry if you have an older version. Older versions work basically the same way and you’ll learn new and improved features!
Are the training courses hands-on?
Yes. If you have QuickBooks installed on your computer, you can pause the class and switch to QuickBooks to practice hands-on.
How many people can view the training with me?
When you purchase the course, you purchase the right for one person to view the course. To add other students, please call us at 800-564-2688.