Mastering QuickBooks Online Level 1
- Getting Started and Setting Up
Work with Lists and Inventory
- What version of QuickBooks Online is right for you?
- Setting up your company account
- Online banking setup
- Credit card setup
- Importing from QuickBooks desktop editions
- Moving around QuickBooks Online the fast and easy wayl
- Getting help…FAST!
- Differences between QuickBooks desktop and QuickBooks Online
- Setting up and working with lists
- Cleaning up lists: delete, edit, and merge
- Setting up inventory in QuickBooks Online
- Using the Customer and Vendor Lists
- Selling: invoices, sales receipts, invoice payments, credit memos, delayed charges, and customer statements
- Purchasing: bills, bill payments, checks, expenses, credit memos and tracking accounts payable vs. not tracking accounts payable
- Voiding vs. deleting checks
- Sales Taxes: set up, adjust, and pay
- Banking: bank reconciliation and locating discrepancies
- Really understanding your financial statements
- Showing the Profit & Loss Statement by month or as a percentage of income
- Setting up the Chart of Accounts
- Using Cash vs. Accrual accounting
- Entering general journal entries
Work with Reports
- Setting up employees, deductions and company contributions
- Setting up company payroll preferences
- Tracking and invoicing time
- Processing paychecks
- Making tax deposits
- Customizing columns: add, reorder, delete, and resize
- Saving report customizations
- Setting up email schedules for reports
- Setting up users: administrator, normal, reports only and timesheet only
- Assigning access rights and user levels
- Using the Audit Log
- Closing the books
- Exporting to QuickBooks desktop
- Creating recurring transactions: scheduled and unscheduled
Mastering QuickBooks Online Level 2
- Customizing QuickBooks (make QuickBooks REALLY work for you!)
- Modifying important preferences
- Creating and using custom fields
- Setting up bank rules to make online banking easier
- Using classes (for departments, locations, etc.)
- Sales Transactions, Tricks, and Workarounds
- Finding and fixing typical errors in accounts receivable
- Methods for handling customer deposits
- Writing off bad debts
- Customer under- and over-payments
- Transferring customer credits
- Using QuickBooks Online Payments to accept credit card payments
- Setting up PayPal and using it to receive payments
- Batch printing and emailing of invoices
- Options for sending invoices and sales receipts
- Processing NSF customer payments
- Entering retail sales
- Payroll Transactions, Tricks, and Workarounds
- Issuing employee loans and advances
- Changing payroll preferences
- Deleting paychecks
- Employee and owner reimbursements
- Advanced Tricks
- Inventory adjustments
- Working with inventory assemblies
- Handling bank reconciliation errors
- Zero-based checks
- Fixing errors in all areas of QuickBooks... there are so many we can't list them all!
- Purchase Transactions, Tricks, and Workarounds
- Lines of credit
- Typical bill payment errors
- Preparing 1099’s at year-end
- Employee and owner purchases
- Prepaid expenses
- Vendor deposits
- Petty cash
- Correcting improperly paid bills
- Dealing with bounced checks to vendors
- Voiding prior period checks
- Mastering QuickBooks Reporting
- Advanced report customization
- Budgets and forecasts
- Management reports
- Statement of cash flows
- Job costing
- Secrets Your Accountant Should Know
- How to work in a bank register!
- Voiding prior period checks!
- Moving balances between customers and vendors!
- What you REALLY need to know to become an advanced user!
- Little known power features in all areas of QuickBooks
High speed internet.
The OnDemand training will not work with dial-up internet.
Somewhere you can learn without interruption.
To avoid distractions, we recommend you find a time and location where you can focus on learning.
You don’t need to have a QuickBooks Online account
If you do, you can open your QuickBooks company to try something out….but it’s not necessary. Our teaching method ensures
that you'll learn the maximum amount of material with the smallest investment of time.
Speakers or Headphones
This is not a “text-based” course. Instead, the content is presented by one of the country’s leading QuickBooks
experts, Jason Ruvaldt. You’ll definitely want to hear Jason share his knowledge.
How does the OnDemand class work?
After you place your order, you receive log-in credentials for the course via email. Follow the link in the email, type your user name and password, and start learning!
Do you cover the same material in the OnDemand version and CD/DVD version of Learning QuickBooks Online?
Yes. What do I need to take the live online class? You need high-speed Internet and computer speakers or headphones.
Do I need QuickBooks on my computer?
I didn't receive my log-in information . What should I do?
Please call our office at 800-564-2688.
Do I need special software to attend online class?
No. The course plays in your internet browser.
Do you offer a money back guarantee on your OnDemand training?
Absolutely! If you are not completely satisfied with the training, send us an email or call us within 30 days and you will receive a full refund (minus a processing fee of $15). We stand behind our classes. No hassle. No question.
Does your training cover the most current version of QuickBooks?
Yes! We always teach the most current version. Don't worry if you have an older version. Older versions work basically the same way and you'll learn new and improved features!
Are the training courses hands-on?
Yes. If you have QuickBooks installed on your computer, you can pause the class and switch to QuickBooks to practice hands-on.
How many people can view the training with me?
When you purchase the course, you purchase the right for one person to view the course. To add other students, please call us at 800-564-2688.